[xsl] Problem with <xsl:import> and <xsl:call-template>!

Subject: [xsl] Problem with <xsl:import> and <xsl:call-template>!
From: Vijay Rao <rao_vij@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 22:43:48 -0700 (PDT)
Hi
I had earlier posted this problem and thought the
problem was solved although i think there IS a serious
problem.

I have stylesheet B importing stylesheet A ie A
defines the PageStructure and hence all our
stylesheets import stylesheet A.
Stylesheet A matches the topmost node of the xml and
generates the <HTML> and body tags.It then does an
"apply-templates" obviously.
Now the xml grows in size and the stylesheets get
reused the problem is that they get applied just by
importing for eg say i have a stylesheet that
resuses/imports 2 stylesheets and needs to call the
templates from those stylesheets at different
locations/postions while formatting html.
However they just get applied just by importing and an
explicit call-template seems useless.The content just
gets outputted.
So now we got around the problem by forcefully putting
"modes" and puposefully matching tags with no
content.However i wanted to know if this is the way
everybody does or is there something that i am
missing.
To summarize my requirement is that i want all
stylesheets to import a commom pagestructure.xsl and
be able to call templates at will or at points where
we need.

--Vijay