[xsl] Internet Explorer application error when viewing xalan-generated webpage

Subject: [xsl] Internet Explorer application error when viewing xalan-generated webpage
From: P.Vogt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 10:30:57 +0200
Hello!

  I'm using xalan (the commandline-version) to generate HTML-Webpages.
Some colleagues are using Internet-Explorer 5.0 to view the website on a
Win2k system. When surfing the website they suddenly get an application
error which states, that iexplorer.exe crashed, because memory "xyz"
referenced "zzz" and couldn't read from that address. They only get this
on the websites which were generated by xalan.

  Now I was wondering if some of you experienced similar problems and
(more important) found a solution to the problem. Perhaps it's because, my
designer uses <xsl:copy-of ....> to copy the content of some xml-tags into
the resulting html-code (to preserve the <b> and <br>-tags) but it doesn't
happen every time! (Sometimes everything functions without problem for
minutes and suddenly they get an application error)....

(I'm sorry, that I couldn't attach a sample-page, but it seems like it
isn't allowed to send a mail with an attachment to the list).

Thanks

  Vogge

--
Philipp Vogt
Web-Entwickler/Programmierer/Member of visionLab