RE: [xsl] Really basic, but can't get it to work, and it's getting on my nerves::*

Subject: RE: [xsl] Really basic, but can't get it to work, and it's getting on my nerves::*
From: "Dylan Walsh" <Dylan.Walsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 15:36:26 +0100
> <xsl:template match="/">
>	<b><xsl:value-of select="HostSlot" /></b>
>	<xsl:apply-templates select="/SearchForHolderResponse" />
> </xsl:template>

Some pointers:
First of all "/" matches the root *node* which is one level above the
root *element*. So try <xsl:template match="/ScripCommsMessage"> or else
change the paths within the template.

Secondly "/SearchForHolderResponse" implies that this named element is
the root element, but in your XML this is not the case. Any path
beginning with "/" is absolute and starts with the root node of the
document.