RE: [xsl] Re: RE: Re: XPath riddle

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: RE: Re: XPath riddle
From: "Nikolaos Giannadakis" <ngiann@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:31:27 +0300

> > This node is defined inside F and may have some other type (as would be
> > defined in a schema).
> > The generic problem is "how to select the node you want inside
> a possibly
> > recursive xml file, when the
> > the same pattern may appear somewhere in between in another context....
>
> I really wanted to help, but I'm giving up -- if the "problem"
> cannot be defined
> there's no place for solution.

in the context of xml schemas, DIFFERENT element declarations with the same
name (and possibly ancestors) may appear within different scopes. Let then
be a recursive XML Schema definition. The problem appears when one wants to
select specific nodes in an XML file conforming to this recursive schema. In
particular, all other nodes (with the same name etc -but declared within
other elements-) will be returned as well.

This problem does not appear when using DTDs, as all declarations are global
there.

regards,

nikolas/

ps. not all problems can be understood/expressed with ease. sorry...