RE: [xsl] result tree fragments and node-sets

Subject: RE: [xsl] result tree fragments and node-sets
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 21:38:23 +0100
> > But Saxon and jd:xslt implement the XSLT 1.1 WD syntax.
> but only if you specify version="1.1" no?

In the case of Saxon, no, it's accepted regardless of the version number.

XSLT 1.1 is defunct for the time being, but I was implementing according to
what it said, and it says that an XSLT 1.1 processor is not required to
reject as errors things that were not allowed in XSLT 1.0, even if the
version number in the stylesheet is 1.0. This technically means that a
processor that is conformant with XSLT 1.1 cannot be conformant with XSLT
1.0.

Mike Kay