[xsl] [XSL] How can I seek info in XML files and tranform it using XSLT to answer a query

Subject: [xsl] [XSL] How can I seek info in XML files and tranform it using XSLT to answer a query
From: Mark Nahabedian <naha@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:17:09 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
I get the impression that XSLT really isn't intended to address
problems of the scope you proposed.

I'll conjecture that your data will be accessed much more often
(perhaps at a minimum, thousands of hits per day) that it's updated
(maybe once a day).  You should thus try to make the access part
efficient.  I'd find some more efficient way to store the data as it
arrives (perhaps in either a relational or a flat file database).

XSLT and SVG can be used to present the data to the user once the data
satisfying his query has been extracted from the database.