RE: [xsl] getting Not well formed xslt output

Subject: RE: [xsl] getting Not well formed xslt output
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 23:46:49 +0100
> I have one problem like this:
> my node is like this:
> <ACTION TYPE="accept" LABEL="Next" task="go" DEST="#password" >

This isn't a node, it's a tag. Nodes are things in a tree, tags are things
in a serialized file.

> For SAXparsing in JAVA I make it well-formed like this:
> <ACTION TYPE="accept" LABEL="Next" task="go" DEST="#password"
> imtask="20"></ACTION>
>
> On This code if I apply XSLT I want output like this:
> <ACTION TYPE="accept" LABEL="Next" task="go" DEST="20" >(20
> is value of
> imtask)

XSLT produces a tree as output, and when the tree is serialized, it produces
well-formed XML. If you want to produce ill-formed XML (if there is such a
thing!) you will either have to write your own serializer, or try to cheat
by using disable-output-escaping="yes", writing the "markup" as &lt; and
&gt; characters.

Mike Kay
Software AG