RE: [xsl] Finding a specific element and outputting another related elements value

Subject: RE: [xsl] Finding a specific element and outputting another related elements value
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 23:54:23 +0100
> This is what I had, but it doesn't work - all I obtain is the
> RemarkQualifier.  I have also tried 'key' and all sorts of
> other stuff...
>

> <xsl:value-of select="OrderRemark"/>
> <xsl:for-each select="//RemarkQualifier">
> <xsl:if test="//RemarkQualifer='PIECES'">
> <xsl:for-each select="//RemarkText"/>
> </xsl:if>
> </xsl:for-each>

That's saying "for every RemarkQualifier in the whole document, if there is
a RemarkQualifier somewhere in the document, then for every RemarkText in
the whole document, do nothing." Which is one of the most convoluted no-ops
I have ever seen.

Basic error: using "//" to select from the root when you want to select
relative to the context node. But what you expect the empty <xsl:for-each>
to do, I've no idea.

Mike Kay
Software AG