[xsl] Transforming using Javascript's documentElement

Subject: [xsl] Transforming using Javascript's documentElement
From: Rosa I-Ting Cheng <Rosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:15:42 +1000
I'm not sure if this has been asked before... but can anyone please tell me
why sometimes fXML.documentElement returns a null and sometimes it doesn't?
this is the javascript code I have:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<SCRIPT>
	function writeToPage(xsl1, xsl2)
	{
		qXML.load(qXML.src);
		fXSL.load(xsl1);

qXML.transformNodeToObject(fXSL.documentElement,gpXML.XMLDocument);//fXSL.do
cumentElement always have problems
		fXSL.load(xsl2);

mainBody.document.write(gpXML.transformNode(fXSL.documentElement));
		mainBody.document.close();
	}
</SCRIPT>
<HEAD>
<BODY>
<xml id="qXML" src="TotalQuotesPolicies.xml"></xml>
<xml id="gpXML"></xml>
<xml id="fXSL"></xml>
</BODY>
<HTML>

I'm trying to transform the XML twice with 2 different XSLs. And when I
directly put in the
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="saBySALogin2.xsl"?>
line in the XML, the transformation works fine, but when trying to use that
javascrit code above, at times it works and at times it doesn't. I know it
is due to the fXML.documentElement return null and the
transformNodeToObject() and the transformNode() returns an error when that
happens... is there a way around it? or a substitute for the
documentElement? or am I doing something wrong?

thank you!

Ross