[xsl] Trying to put a <BR> in a string parameter

Subject: [xsl] Trying to put a <BR> in a string parameter
From: "Daniel Newman" <daniel.newman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:49:44 +0100
Hello all,

I can't figure out what's going on here, so hopefully someone can help.

I have a template I'm calling, and I'm passing it a string (someone's
address). The address is made up of multiple Nodes. I'm looping through
these nodes and adding there text content to my parameter.

<xsl:with-param name="Value">
	<xsl:for-each
select="RetrieveNameAndAddressRSResponse/*[starts-with(local-name(),
'NameAddress') and 	preceding-sibling::*[generate-id() =
generate-id($comma-element)]]">
		<xsl:value-of select="." />
	</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:with-param>

The loop is fine, and does pass the whole address to the parameter, but I
want to introduce a <BR> tag after each line. I've tried everything I can
think of, but the tag does not want to appear.

This seems like the simplest way of doing it, but it doesn't work:
<xsl:value-of select="." /><br/>

And I've tried
<xsl:value-of select="<br/>" />
<xsl:value-of select="'<br/>'" />
<xsl:value-of select="'&lt;br/&gt;'" />
<xsl:value-of select="&lt;br/&gt;" />

But none of them worked - except for <xsl:value-of select="'&lt;br/&gt;'" />
which wrote all those &lt; to the page, so my page was displaying "street
name<br>town name<br>county name", not quite I wanted. But if I converted
them to proper tags, it didn't work. Just ignored it completely.

I'm most confused. Hope someone can help.

Thanks,
Daniel Newman.

Bis-Web Ltd.
Tel: 01993 880614