[xsl] Re:

Subject: [xsl] Re:
From: Johannes Döbler <jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:00:31 +0200
Perhaps you can construct the variable only with a XPath expression:

<xsl:variable name="rowstyle" select="concat('myItems', 2 - (position() mod 2))"/>

Johannes

<xsl:choose>
   <xsl:when test="position() mod 2 = 0">
       <xsl:variable name="rowstyle">myItems1</xsl:variable>
   </xsl:when>
   <xsl:otherwise>
       <xsl:variable name="rowstyle">myItems2</xsl:variable>
   </xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>

Why is this not possible? Why is this variable not in scope outside of the xsl:choose? Is there no way for me to only do this calculation once, instead of doing it everytime I need to know what rowstyle to use?

Sometimes I wish XSL was more like a procedural language.

Thanks.

-Kevin