RE: [xsl] Trying to put a <BR> in a string parameter

Subject: RE: [xsl] Trying to put a <BR> in a string parameter
From: "Daniel Newman" <daniel.newman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:50:31 +0100
This is what I'm doing. Within my called template, I'm writing the value to
the Parameter named Value, and when I need to retrieve the text of value, I

<xsl:value-of select="$Value" />

I've just tried it with disable-output-escaping="yes", but that didn't make
any difference. How can this possibly be wrong?

Here's a bit more of the template for reference::

<xsl:template name="PrintRows">
	<xsl:param name="RowColor" />
	<xsl:param name="DisplayText" />
	<xsl:param name="Value" />
	<xsl:param name="Display" />
	<xsl:param name="Amend" />
	    <xsl:call-template name="GenerateRowColor">
		<!-- adds an xsl:attribute to the above TR -->
		<xsl:with-param name="Index" select="$RowColor" />
		<xsl:value-of select="$DisplayText" /><br/>
	    	<xsl:value-of select="$Value" /> <!-- in my html, I'm getting a space
here. Nothing displayed at all -->

And by the way, it works without the breaks!