RE: [xsl] Altering specific value then outputing tree AGAIN.....

Subject: RE: [xsl] Altering specific value then outputing tree AGAIN.....
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:10:14 +0100
> Below is a response that I received to my question, but I
> could not produce the
> output I desired, I tried to alter the below in many
> different ways but to no
> success.  The closest I came was to produce the output but
> with no attribute
> values displayed.
>
> Write an identity template rule for most elements
>
> <xsl:template match="*">
>   <xsl:copy-of select="*"/>
>   <xsl:copy><xsl:apply-templates/></xsl:copy>
> </xsl:template>

Sorry, that second line should have been <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>

I'll try to revert to my usual practice of telling people how to solve the
problem rather than giving them an untested solution. (i.e., make people
work for their living, and hope they learn something in the process).

Mike Kay
Software AG

Disclaimer: I haven't read the legal garbage at the bottom of your email,
and don't consider it to have any effect. Please inform your lawyers.