RE: [xsl] Nestled <xsl:choose>

Subject: RE: [xsl] Nestled <xsl:choose>
From: "Chris Bayes" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 10:29:11 +0100
>>You probably want to add a default book template to catch any books that
>>don't match your templates
>><xsl:template match="book">
>><b>Error Trapped Undefined Book Type</b>
>>Put this before all the other book templates so that it only matches book
>>types you don't have templates for. If you put it at the end it will match
>>all book elements.
>Slightly flawed (unless you are using the old MSMXL ??).

>  It doesn't
>matter where you put this template,

In this case that is true. But generaly if there are 2 templates of equal
priority the processor will take the last one in the stylesheet. So it is a
good rule of thumb is to put general case ones first.

>because the default priority for a
>name pattern like 'book' is higher than for qualified patterns like

It's the other way round!

>  But rather than rely on default priorities, a nice
>trick I saw somewhere else (in schematron?) is to give this template a
>priority of -1.  You are then guaranteed it will not be chosen in
>preference to anything else, whatever the style of pattern.

Yup. System assigned priorities are between +0.5 and -0.5.

Ciao Chris

XML/XSL Portal