[xsl] complex XPATH test

Subject: [xsl] complex XPATH test
From: Adam Van Den Hoven <Adam.Hoven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:11:23 -0700
Hey guys,

I'm working on an transform that will take well formed HTML and convert it
into a different prose schema (NITF).

I'm trying to do some intelligent filtering of valid, but meaningless HTML
markup (the DHTML Edit control will occasionally give me stuff I'm not too
happy aobut).

If I have a <br> tag inside a block element, I only want to deal with it if
its not the last br tag. An example

I care about the br in :
here is some more</p>

but not in:

My original test was
<xsl:template match="br">
	<xsl:if test="count(following-sibling::node()) &gt; 0">
	</xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

but I ran into a problem with the following:

since the br was getting ignored.

What I want to do is test that the context node is not the last child of the
context node's ancestor block node. Its also not the case that immediate
parent of that block node will be <body> since <li> is a block node and is a
child of <ol> or <ul>.

Any thougths?

Adam van den Hoven
Internet Software Developer