Re: [xsl] Finding attribute of a 'grand-parent'

Subject: Re: [xsl] Finding attribute of a 'grand-parent'
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:17:20 +0100
> For the element <po id="3"> I'd like to get the id attribute from the
> ancestor that is a po Element (in this case, '2').
> What I got with 'ancestor::po' was '1', the attribute from the 'eldest'
> ancestor. 'parent::po' returns nothing, because obviously it isn't the
> parent i am seeking. More like the grand-parent, so to speak.

If you want the id of the nearest po ancestor that is

> In other words: I'm looking for the nearest ancestor relative who is not a
> parent. And I don't want uncles, either... ;-)

but that would be something else, for example on  <someelement/> would
you want to discount  <po id="3">, because it's your parent.

anyway the nearest po answer that isn't your parent is the nearest
ancestor of your parent, which is

information visit or alternatively call