Re: [xsl] how to changing context

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to changing context
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 21:39:18 +0100
   I have a XSLT page to transform a.xml as well as an XML
   file referenced by document('b.xml')

   in the XSLT program, i wrote:

   <xsl:template match="/"> <!-- the root of a.xml -->

     <xsl:for-each select="document('b.xml')/root/subroot"/>
	  <!-- here I want to reference to both
	       the nodes under EACH "subroot" of b.xml
	       and the nodes that are under the "/"node of a.xml>
     </xsl:for-each>

   </xsl:template>

   how can i change context inside <xsl:for-each>? (better without the help
   of variable/param

You need to say how (and yhy) you want to refererence a and b.
As others have said, if you make two variables to contain each of the
root nodes you can always refer to nodes in eother of the two documents,
but if you just meant that you want to process both sets of nodes
then you can put nodes from both documents into the current node list
with. eg changing your for-each to

     <xsl:for-each select="document('b.xml')/root/subroot|*"/>

David