RE: [xsl] XSLT Processor Detection

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT Processor Detection
From: "Kevin Nardi" <kevnardi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:28:03 -0700
Well, the processor-version.xsl on mulberrytech.com seems to work correctly. I think this is because if you have the old version, only the WD-xsl code is processed, while if you have the new version, only the XSLT code is processed.

Anyway, I finally was able to accurately detect the XSLT version using this code:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="xslProcessorCheck.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

     xmlns:msxsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";
     xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/strict";>
 <head>
   <title>XSLT Processor Version</title>
 </head>
 	<script>
		var version = "old";
	</script>
   <xsl:choose>
     <xsl:when test="false()">
       <msxsl:if test=".">
         <script>version = "old";</script>
       </msxsl:if>
     </xsl:when>
     <xsl:otherwise>
       <msxsl:choose>
         <msxsl:when test=".">
         </msxsl:when>
         <msxsl:otherwise>
           <script>version = "new";</script>
         </msxsl:otherwise>
       </msxsl:choose>
     </xsl:otherwise>
   </xsl:choose>

<script>
var expDate = new Date("June 13, 2023");
var versionCookie = "upcast_xslprocessor=" + version + ";path=/;expires=" + expDate.toGMTString();
document.cookie = versionCookie;
history.back();
</script>

Thanks.