RE: [xsl] msxml3sp1 & encoding

Subject: RE: [xsl] msxml3sp1 & encoding
From: "Philip Rangel" <pr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 21:40:39 +0200
I'm sorry I wasn't explicit enough.

But your answers helped, not really having clear when the encoding
was beeing done made it a bit difficult to find out what was causing
the mess.

The trouble was when using xml-spy set to use msxml.dll.
The encoding is set throu the option-menu and the output setting
in the xsl-file is ignored.

And ... big confusion

The encoding for unkown files was utf-8,
I set the the xsl to output ISO-8859-1,
the Metatag in the output is set to UTF-16
and the display is a mess.

Strange was when using saxon as external ... everything was fine.
(which is the last case you describe)

And when transforming in asp I used to set the response-object to:
Response.ContentType = "text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
and everything was fine.
I asume this is the first case you describe before creating the stream
and
the second is when creating the stream.

To get the Metatag right know I use msxml as external
(xslCommandline-Tool).

 ... And that's it ...

Thanx Philip