Re: [xsl] embedding links from xml to html using {}

Subject: Re: [xsl] embedding links from xml to html using {}
From: "Kevin Nardi" <kevnardi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:01:10 -0700
<xsl:template match="event">
<xsl:value-of select="//venueInfo/venueName[../venueId = current()/venueId]" />
</a>
</xsl:template>

I think.  ;)
I'm new at this too.

-Kevin

From: "Runni Vermel" <runni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <XSL-List@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [xsl] embedding links from xml to html using {}
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:41:57 -0700

so, here's my problem, bear with me since i AM a newbie.
here goes: my xml  tree is as follows:
<notification>

<event>
  <venueId>457</venueId>
  <bunch of more stuff here></bunch of more stuff>
</event>

<event>
  <venueId>457</venueId>
  <bunch of more stuff here></bunch of more stuff>
</event>

<venueInfo>
  <venueId>venueid3</venueId>
  <venueName>venuename3</venueName>
</venueInfo>

<venueInfo>
  <venueId>venueid3</venueId>
  <venueName>venuename3</venueName>
</venueInfo>

</notification>

what i wanna do is do this:
both events have a venueId and both venueInfo also have a venueId. in my xml
page, i have a list of events, and the corresponding venues. there will
always be a match between the event venueId and the venueInto venueId. (hope
that made sense).
so, i'm trying to link the venueName with the venueId as the link as such:

yes, i know that isn't correct xsl, i just wanted to explain it in the
easiest way.
so, i tried using this:

alas, reality (and the parser) laughed in my face - this code is only
returning the FIRST venueId - it's not going through the xml tree - only
grabbing the first one...

this is a problem, because even though my sample only has two venueIds, in
fact, i have allot more.

any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated...
thanks,
runni