Re: [xsl] parsing error: < ???

Subject: Re: [xsl] parsing error: < ???
From: "Dana Fillhart" <galaphine@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 01:41:43 +0000
Sort-of off-topic...

I'd just like to mention that the contents of this particular subject line ("[xsl] parsing error: &#x3c ???") caused Outlook Express to choke when downloading from Hotmail. Apparently OE uses XML for the data transport, and for whatever reason, having "&#3c" in the topic header causes OE to report the following error:

Header download for the 'Inbox' folder did not complete. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Whitespace is not allowed at this location.
', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0xC00CE513

I wasn't able to download my emails for 2 days until I tracked this one down.

Sorry, I just needed to vent my frustration at MS just this once :-) (I'd send this to a feedback/bug-submission for msn/hotmail but I can't find an address to send it to).

--
Dana Fillhart