RE: [xsl] saving in one if loop and using it in another

Subject: RE: [xsl] saving in one if loop and using it in another
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 08:58:43 +0100
You can't "save" something in the course of an XSLT transformation for use
"later", because a transformation is not a sequential process. XSLT is a
declarative language, not a procedural one. You need to find a way of
expressing the output as a function of the input, not as a function of
things that happened "earlier" in the processing.

Mike Kay
Software AG