RE: [xsl] difficulties with the position() function and xpath st atements

Subject: RE: [xsl] difficulties with the position() function and xpath st atements
From: "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsberger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 13:26:09 -0600
> However, I get two
> different numbers assigned (and thus my html links don't work).  Any ideas
> on how to get around this? I've included a simple example below.

Stash the number in a variable and pass it as a parameter.  I do this with
generated id's which might give you even better semantics, unless you need
the file names to be the same from run to run?  Eg:

    <xsl:variable name="cur-id" select="generate-id()"/>
       <xsl:apply-templates select="gunk">
            <xsl:with-param name="cur-id" select="$cur-id"/>

passing the cur-id parameter around as needed...