RE: [xsl] (possible) strange behaviour of JD.xslt

Subject: RE: [xsl] (possible) strange behaviour of JD.xslt
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 19:12:30 -0000
> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
> version="1.0" xml:space="preserve">
> <xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>
> <xsl:template match="/">
> <xsl:choose>
>    <xsl:when test="*some text*">Value 1</xsl:when>
>    <xsl:otherwise>Value 2</xsl:otherwise>
> </xsl:choose>
> </xsl:template>
> </xsl:stylesheet>

The xml:space="preserve" means that the whitespace nodes inside <xsl:choose>
are not stripped. The content model for <xsl:choose> doesn't allow it to
contain text nodes, so jd.xslt is probably within its rights to reject them.
However, the spec isn't explicit on the point, and in Saxon I decided to let
them through.

The same problem applies to whitespace text nodes that are children of
xsl:stylesheet, although from your example it appears jd.xslt isn't
rejecting these.

Mike Kay