Re: [xsl] FO page number positions

Subject: Re: [xsl] FO page number positions
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 18:02:22 +0000
I wrote:
>> The aim is to have every rightPage with an even page number in the
>> right-hand position of the page.
>>
>> While every leftPage should have an odd page number in the left-hand
>> position.
>
> I'm not sure that this is the way you *should* do it, but this works:

Silly me. It looks like an easier option is to just have one
fo:static-content formatting object for the xsl-region-before and use
the text-align property on the block to align the text to the outside
(left for left pages, right for right pages):

  <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
    <fo:block text-align="outside"><fo:page-number /></fo:block>
  </fo:static-content>

I guess that you only need to use the alternative fo:static-content
formatting objects if the odd and even headers have very different
content (e.g. the left gives the name of the chapter, the right the
name of the subsection, as well as the page number).

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison