RE: [xsl] MS XML Parser

Subject: RE: [xsl] MS XML Parser
From: "Chris Bayes" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:47:40 -0000
> I'm not looking for a *special* CR I want to output the
> escaped characters that represent the CR. SAXON does it and
> XML-Spy does it (and that actually uses MS XML Parser).
Well in fact you are. What you are doing with
is generating XXXX&#x0D;&#x0A;YYYY in the output. When you do this with
saxon or xml-spy you are usually writing out to a file so it stays as
is. With your asp you are transforming it to another dom and I suspect
that it sees the string XXXX&#x0D;&#x0A;YYYY and converts that to a
single lf.
You can test that by doing a doc.transformNodeToObject xsl, Request
which should stream the XXXX&#x0D;&#x0A;YYYY directly to the client. If
you really need to go via the third dom then you could try

Ciao Chris

XML/XSL Portal