Re: [xsl] Getting name of and element

Subject: Re: [xsl] Getting name of and element
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:30:17 GMT
> Well, the problem is that I actually have code that tries to do this like:
> <xsl:template match="/">
> XXX<xsl:value-of select="name"/>YYY <br/>

that selects the string value of an element <name>, or more likely it
selects the empty string being the string value of the empty mode set.

If you eant the name function you need select="name()" but then you will
get the name of the root node which is empty.

If you want the name of the child element of the root node you want

> By the way, is there a diffrence between
> <xsl:template match="/"> that I use and
> <xsl:template match="/*"> that you use?

Didn't we just go through that?

/ matches the root node

/* matches any child elements of the root node.

information visit or alternatively call