Re: [xsl] xslt on server-side vs. client-side

Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt on server-side vs. client-side
From: Jeff Kenton <jkenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:39:28 -0500
I wasn't talking about stability, I was talking about users adopting the
latest releases.  For browsers in particular, 18 months is optimistic if
you expect everyone to be using something new within that time frame.

.. lifecycles are becoming fragmented, though this is a favorable marketing
.. condition, not a good condition for creating stable software; versioning
.. doesnt mean anything ( build number is more important ) any more as the lag
.. between release and recieving feedback ( and subsequent patch ) on that
.. release grows smaller and smaller.
.. 5 years, those days are long gone...... or never were ? computing has only
.. been around usefully for about 50-60 years or so; which means 5 years is
.. approx 10% of the the entire lifetime of computing.....
.. 18 mths is my timeline to stability with a heavy dose of risk analysis.
.. cheers, jim fuller