Re: [xsl] Recursively link XML blocks

Subject: Re: [xsl] Recursively link XML blocks
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 12:13:48 -0500
Costantino:

What about --

<xsl:template match="insert">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="//*[local-name()=current()]"/>
</xsl:template>

Won't that do it?

Cheers,
Wendell

At 04:44 AM 12/20/01, you wrote:

Hello everybody,
I am trying (without success, at the moment...) to do the following:

XML document:
<element_A>
     textA textA textA
     <insert>element_B</insert>
     textA textA textA
</element_A>

<element_B>
     textB textB textB
     <insert>element_C</insert>
     textB textB textB
</element_B>

<element_C>
     textC textC textC
     textC textC textC
</element_C>
....etc.

Desired output:
     textA textA textA
     textB textB textB
     textC textC textC
     textC textC textC
     textB textB textB
     textA textA textA

In other words, I would like to "link" elements to other elements, and compose a
new document "recursively".
This is exactly the same behaviour that I may obtain by changing my "content
architecture", and putting all the text directly in the XSL, and then using
"xsl:call-template"s to include one block in another.
But if I do that I have to mix pure text with layout definitions (I want to
output HTML and FO from the XML) - and therefore I will have to maintain two
sets of documents.
Does anybody have a suggestion?
Thank you very much,