Re: [xsl] character entities

Subject: Re: [xsl] character entities
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 18:03:56 +0000
David,

> Which leads to the suggestion of having entity start and end markers
> in the infoset (and Xpath data model) but I don't know really
> whether I'd go that far.

No :) Thinking out loud, what about an 'entity' property on every
node, holding the name of the entity that the node comes from? That
would make accessible the information that you needed and allow you to
wrap them up fairly easily (just check whether the entity of this node
is the same as the entity of its parent).

The problem with this is what happens when you have:

  <doc>hello &world;</doc>

where &world; refers to the entity 'world'. Then you'd have a text
node whose content comes from two entities. Do you have any entities
like that or are they all nicely contained?

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison