Re: [xsl] call-template by default

Subject: Re: [xsl] call-template by default
From: Eric Smith <Eric.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 00:34:02 +0100
According to Mike Brown on Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 04:21:17PM -0700:
> Eric Smith wrote:
> > Is it possible to do this for each template in the stylesheet?
>
> It's not especially clear what you're asking, but would
>
> <xsl:choose>
>   <xsl:when test="someCondition">
>     <xsl:call-template name="someSpecialTemplate"/>
>   </xsl:when>
>   <xsl:when test="someOtherCondition">
>     <xsl:call-template name="someOtherSpecialTemplate"/>
>   </xsl:when>
>   <xsl:otherwise>
>     <xsl:call-template name="someDefaultTemplate"/>
>   </xsl:otherwise>
> </xsl:choose>
>
> suffice?

no, what I mean is say I have named template called
"add_format" and this template looks at the attributes in the
current node and if it finds certain attributes like
say @color or @font-size, it then applies the appropriate
attributes to the output tree.

So "add_format" needs be called to run its conditions
for each element in the input automagically.

It may be expensive but possibly could be useful.

--
Eric Smith - currently using xalan and fop on linux