[xsl] Is there a way in xsl to point to a node if only a part of its name is known?

Subject: [xsl] Is there a way in xsl to point to a node if only a part of its name is known?
From: "Michael Bauerfeld" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:54:22 +1100
Hi all,

I'm trying to build a 'generic' xsl which will be able to style a certain
type of xml I get back when querying a database. The xml structure/
hierarchy always stays the same but unfortunately the text node 'naming'
partly changes. A text node name consists of 'tablename.fieldname' where
tablename is the changing- and fieldname the fixed part.

Is there a way in xsl to point to a node if only a part of its name is
known?

Thanks,
-Michael

Sample xml 1:
<node1>
  <node2>
    <node3>
      <tableName1.field1>content ...</tableName1.field1>
      <tableName1.field2>content ...</tableName1.field2>
      <tableName1.field3>content ...</tableName1.field3>
    </node3>
  </node2>
</node1>

Sample xml 2:
<node1>
  <node2>
    <node3>
      <tableName2.field1>content ...</tableName2.field1>
      <tableName2.field2>content ...</tableName2.field2>
    </node3>
  </node2>
</node1>