Re: [xsl] xsl:val-of in xsl:text (escaping issue)

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:val-of in xsl:text (escaping issue)
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 22:35:14 GMT

   I have an <xsl:value-of> tag that returns data from a data object. This data
   includes some HTML tags that I do not want escaped.
   I can't wrap an xsl:value-of in an xsl:text to disable the escaping.
   What is the solution to what I need?

If you are seeing escaped < and & from value-of then they must be that
way in the source. Thus the best course of action is to fix the source
so that it has element markup not an XML encoding of the strinbg value
of that markup.

If fixing your source is not possible for some reason, the value-of
takes the same disable-output-encoding attribute as text.

information visit or alternatively call