RE: [xsl] CDATA and copy-of

Subject: RE: [xsl] CDATA and copy-of
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:42:52 -0000
> I have an element that has html within a CDATA.  I'm using
> copy-of to output
> the html from the CADTA section.  When I do this the HTML
> tags are displayed
> not rendered.  What am I missing or don't understand?

What you haven't understood is that the purpose of CDATA is to say "don't
treat the stuff in here as markup, even if it looks like markup". You've
said it isn't markup, and the system is taking you at your word.

Fortunately if you change your mind and decide it is markup after all, you
can use disable-output-escaping to tell the system of the fact.

Mike Kay