Re: [xsl] disable-output-escaping

Subject: Re: [xsl] disable-output-escaping
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 00:24:17 GMT

   > d-o-e basically is a hack to put in XML markup syntax into the output
   > string, but markup syntax\isn't a whole lot of use if you are not
   > producing a linear stream of markup that is going to be parsed by an XML
   > parser.

   ...except when you are trying to put information in the declaration subset (like external entities). Then output escaping is your friend, even if you are going to another parser.

D-o-e is your friend in that case, but still it will only work if you are
passing the result to a parser, it still won't work in cases like
mozilla where you just stuff the output as a DOM into mozilla's
rendering engine. So I think you are agreeing with me, aren't you?

information visit or alternatively call