RE: [xsl] XPath: all elements with only non-parent children with identical style attr

Subject: RE: [xsl] XPath: all elements with only non-parent children with identical style attr
From: "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsberger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:39:55 -0600
> No that wouldn't work, if I remember correctly from my electronics study
>
>  not(A) and not(B) equals not(A or B)
>
> I think its called the laws of Morgan or something
> so in your case that would lead to

I believe you're thinking of DeMorgan's law, which states essentially that.
However, if I can recall correctly, for DeMorgan's law to apply, the
operations in question all have to be commutative and it's not clear to me
that that is true for XSLT in general?  The latter is actually an
interesting question, since if you can show that all the XSLT operations
meet the tests for forming a group then you know you have all other kinds of
capabilities with the language...  Perhaps someone who's days of heavy
algebra aren't 20 years behind them might care to expand?