Re: [xsl] Re: Re: Assignment no, dynamic scoping si (was: Re: RE: Wishes for XSL revisions ...

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Re: Assignment no, dynamic scoping si (was: Re: RE: Wishes for XSL revisions ...
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 18:16:36 -0500
Thanks for the lead, Evan.

Evan Lenz wrote:
Although the XSL WG hasn't discussed this issue as such, there was a
proposal[1] (on the ides of March) which asked for much the same thing that
you want. I think. It's framed as "syntax sugar", but it's obviously more
than that. Can you tell me how close this proposal is to what you're
proposing (modulo syntax)? (See below.)

Miloslav's proposal appears to be different. I'm not sure I interpret it right, but it seems he basically wants the <propagate-params/> element as an abbreviation of the multiple <with-param ...> elements in the apply/call template(s) element.

While Miloslav's proposal may arise from a very similar
motivation as mine, it appears to still rely on explicit
parameters and on an uninterrupted chain of explicit
parameter passing. The idea with implicit parameters is
that they are "passed through" intermediary calls that
have no interest in these parameters.

regards
-Gunther

-- Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D. gschadow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Medical Information Scientist Regenstrief Institute for Health Care Adjunct Assistant Professor Indiana University School of Medicine tel:1(317)630-7960 http://aurora.regenstrief.org