[xsl] ANN: An Introduction to XSL-FO

Subject: [xsl] ANN: An Introduction to XSL-FO
From: Dave Pawson <daveP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 13:29:44 +0000

An introduction to XSL-FO, an intro to last Octobers W3C recommendation,

"It is a stable document and may be used as reference material or cited as a normative reference from another document. W3C's role in making the Recommendation is to draw attention to the specification and to promote its widespread deployment. This enhances the functionality and interoperability of the Web."

In an attempt to widen understanding of that recommendation, I've written what was
intended to be a print book.

It is now available at

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/bk/index.html

A couple of hundred pages, its not a doorstop and hopefully complements
the present recommendation.

I am seeking feedback, constructive criticism will be responded to.

I recognise it is not complete in terms of coverage.
I have written about what I can see working.

Mainly based on what is implemented in XEP and Antenna House,
it will be extended as more of the standard is implemented.
My thanks to Nikolai Grigoriev, Karen Lease  and Arved Sandstrom for
their contribution

Read and enjoy.

Regards DaveP