RE: [xsl] the problem with include and import

Subject: RE: [xsl] the problem with include and import
From: "Matt G." <matt_g_@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 21:48:40
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 19:27:27 -0000

It occurred to me, while I was considering the issues
relating to stylesheet library modularity with respect to
dynamic scoping, that global parameters and variables already
present a problem (if I'm not mistaken).

This is why variable names are QNames. It makes sense if you define a module intended to be reusable, e.g. a module for trigonometry, to define a namespace name such as http://trig.com/trig.xsl and to name all templates, functions, and global variables with this namespace name.

I see this (now), but I can't think of a good reason why a stylesheet should determine the namespace in which the template and variable names it defines exist, other than to keep these *private*. IMO, you want the *importing* stylesheet to determine what namespace the external module's names are in.

As I said, previously, I think this could still be added as the default namespace of the imported module.

Am I missing something?

Matt Gruenke