[xsl] Re: Crossposting (Was: Re: Case of function names (Was: Re: comments on December F&O draft))

Subject: [xsl] Re: Crossposting (Was: Re: Case of function names (Was: Re: comments on December F&O draft))
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 03:12:58 -0800 (PST)
Jeni Tennison <jeni at jenitennison dot com> wrote:

Hi David,

> > It is clear that no real discussion of the drafts will happen on the
> > official comment lists. If the discussion only happens on this list
> > then many WG members won't see it (and are not obliged to respond
> > even if they do). One could start a thread here and then try to post
> > a summary of the discussion to the comment list but it is hard to do
> > that and capture both sides of a discussion in an even handed way).
>
> I think we should move the discussion to xsl-editors@xxxxxx or
> www-xpath-comments@xxxxxx instead, since these are both open to
> subscribers. As well as getting the comments archived, and hopefully
> actually read by more of the members of the WG, it would save all the
> poor people on this list from having the discussion cluttering their
> mailbox.
>
> I'm sure we can discuss the F&O and data model drafts on
> www-xpath-comments@xxxxxx and cross-post to
> www-xml-query-comments@xxxxxx, at least until Max tells us off for
> that ;)

>From one of the "poor people":
For God's sake, please keep the discussion here and, if necessary,crosspost to the
W3 list.

I'm watching too-many forums and cannot find the time to actively monitor one more.
Until now xsl-list has definitely been more interesting than the W3 lists.

One could argue that the "poor people" (BTW, who decides which are "poor" and which
are the "elite"? Who has sufficient reasons to proclaim them as the "elite"?) are
affected only if there are examples of messages for help staying unanswered. If not,
such segregation will be bad -- aren't the new XSLT and XPath languages for the
"poor people" too? Isn't their feedback important?

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.