Re: [xsl] counting question

Subject: Re: [xsl] counting question
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 07:30:59 +0000
Hi Jo,

> I am wanting to count all the child elements of a particular element
> and treat them one way if there is only one child and another if
> there are multiple. Is the best way to do this to test if the child
> is both first and last or is there some other more sensible method?

You can do it using the count() function:

  count(*) = 1

returns true if the context node has exactly one child element.

Another method is to test whether there is a second child element:

  not(*[2])

returns true if there isn't a second child element (i.e. if there are
0 or 1 child elements).

Cheers,

Jeni

---