RE: [xsl] Content constructors and sequences

Subject: RE: [xsl] Content constructors and sequences
From: "Kevin Jones" <kjouk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 01:03:41 -0000
I like the ideas in this, but (isn't there always one?) as I think other
people have said the tree or sequence representation is difficult.

Anyway, I am probably missing something important but can't you just create
a tree using the new semantics of copy-of on a sequence of simple values.
The only disadvantage I can see is if you want to really have to a sequence
of simple values you will need to convert it back from a tree but that
doesn't sound like it would be difficult. Particularly if processors are
smart enough to retain the data in its native format as it has been suggest
they might.

I would like to see sequences in XSLT, but I don't think putting them in
along side trees is the natural approach. More as an integral part of the
tree structure.

Kev.