Re: [xsl] use cases for d-o-e

Subject: Re: [xsl] use cases for d-o-e
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 17:49:44 GMT
> This has been implemented in XSLT so wouldn't necessarily need an extension
> function. My implementation can be found here:
> http://www.xmlportfolio.com/xml-to-string

It can: I posted one to this list actually before XSLT 1.0 REC was
finished (as I noticed the other day when I tried to use it and found it
didn't conform to XSLT 1.0 as finally it came out:-)

However there's many things a serialisation function could do that are
hard to do with XSLT, basically all the attributes for xsl:output
controlling things like CDATA section use (and, possibly, in XSLT2,
other syntactic issues like entity refs), automatic indenting, etc.
maybe even serialise as html or xhtml.

David