Re: [xsl] problem using saxon:function

Subject: Re: [xsl] problem using saxon:function
From: Trevor Nash <tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 18:37:51 +0000
><xsl:stylesheet
>    xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
>version="1.0"
>    xmlns:saxon="http://icl.com/saxon";
>    extension-element-prefixes="saxon">
>
><saxon:function name="my:initial">
>    <xsl:param name="size"/>
>    <saxon:return select="substring(.,1,$size)"/>
></saxon:function>

You do not seem to have a declaration for the prefix 'my'.  It doesn't
matter much what it is, but you need one.

I know you do not want to upgrade, but its still worth downloading a
later version of Saxon in order to try that: it may either work (so
you know you are seeing a bug) or give you a proper diagnostic to tell
you what is wrong with the stylesheet.

>Exception:
>java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
>        at
>com.icl.saxon.om.NamePool.getPrefixFromNamespaceCode(NamePool.java:65
>5)

Are you calling Saxon from a command line or from Java?
You can get problems with NamePools if you are using Java and trying
to cache the stylesheet or an input document for use in several
transformations.  It might be that you have done something wrong, or
it might be that you have hit a bug - I think there have been fixes in
this area since Saxon 6.0.2.

Regards,
Trevor Nash
--
Traditional training & distance learning,
Consultancy by email

Melvaig Software Engineering Limited
voice:     +44 (0) 1445 771 271
email:     tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx