Re: [xsl] Balancing Columns

Subject: Re: [xsl] Balancing Columns
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:47:36 -0600
"G. Ken Holman" wrote:

> Since you do say "composed text" to be balanced, I would assume the above
> is insufficient and that the synchronization stuff you need is not yet
> available to you.

That's right. It's an arbitrary amount of data spread across variable
structural levels.

The hack I came up with was to simply limit the depth of the body area
until the content I had looked "balanced". In my case I only need this
for one small part of the document, so I could make it a run-time
parameter. Ugly, but it will work.

So column balancing is not provided for in 1.0. That's not good. That
precludes a large number of common presentation styles.

Thanks,

Eliot
ISOGEN International, LLC