Re: [xsl] Xalan Vs. Output Escaping

Subject: Re: [xsl] Xalan Vs. Output Escaping
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 23:47:59 GMT
>among & and &amp; if we access the element through xsl:value-of, but we
>do not expect the %3A to become %253A when we use curly braces.

well as I mentioned in my first post, there's nothing special about the
{} if href="{'%'}" is being quoted then so would href="%" the {} are
just a way to get an xpath expression into the attribute. The resulting
string gets quotedwhether or not {} are used.

XSLT is designed to take unquoted strings and quote them.
Because the URI quoting mechanism is so half baked, you (nor anyone
else) can distinguish a quoted from an unquoted URI, and if you quote it
twice, it will break. So XSLT is "protecting" your % from being taken as
the quote character, I think the only way to stop it doing that is to
use a : in the original value, then XSLT will quote that using % syntax.

David