[xsl] saxon in batch file for lots and lots of xml files

Subject: [xsl] saxon in batch file for lots and lots of xml files
From: ronald heller <ronald@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:59:33 +0100
Hi there,

I have a large directory with rather small xml files. There may be well over 500 files in there.
Once a day these files are transformed with saxon 6.2.
Although this goes well, it takes a lot of time.
I have a feeling that is is not the transformation itself that takes a lot of time, but that the starting and closing of saxon is.
let me show you some code from the batchfiles:

1.bat:
for %%b in ("*.xml") do call 2.bat %%b CC
rem. for each xml file that is found I call 2.bat

2.bat --------------------------------------- java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet -o "%1-a" "%1" "convert.xsl" rem for each file that has to be transformed saxon/java is started and closed.

Is there a quicker/smarter way of doing this?

any help is appreciated

Regards,

Ronald

(ps I tried Instant saxon, but that gives more or less the same results)