[xsl] Inserting xml:namespace and prefixed elements into html output

Subject: [xsl] Inserting xml:namespace and prefixed elements into html output
From: "W. Sierke" <wsierke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 03:20:48 +1030
I'm attempting to generate html output containing vml and following a vml
example, I'm trying to insert:

<xml:namespace prefix="v"/>
<v:group style='antialias:false; height:227pt;width:302pt'
coordsize="3020,2270">
<v:rect style='width:3020;height:2270' fillcolor="white">

into the output. For the life of me I can't avoid the errors:

    The namespace prefix is not allowed to start with the reserved string
"xml".

and:

    Reference to undeclared namespace prefix: 'v'.

and none of my attempts at using the element/type, text, CDATA, etc.
elements is succeeding in both avoiding the errors and producing the correct
html.

Hilfe! M'aider! Glub-glub! (out of my depth!).

Can't find a reference to this anywhere (but I may not know the right terms
I should be searching for!).

Many thanks,

Wayne