Re: [xsl] JSP &XML/XSL in netscape 6.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] JSP &XML/XSL in netscape 6.0
From: Joerg Pietschmann <joerg.pietschmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:38:14 +0100
"BharathRaj  Shetty" <bharathrajshetty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am using XML in a jsp file(stocks.jsp)and using stocks.xsl as stylesheet.Both the files are in same directory.
> I refer to the JSP file in unix box(apache web server with tomcat).
> https://192.168.166.25/~deshma/amex/stocks.jsp
> The xml content of jsp gets displayed in netscape w/o using XSL stylesheet.
> If I have stocks.xsl in my C:/ (local host), the xml context uses it to dislpay in netscape browser.

I suppose you JSP produces an XML document. Check the stylesheet
PI placed in it, perhaps you have set a wrong URL? The following
should work but has some drawbacks (i think Mozilla does not
cache anything retrieved over https):
  <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="stocks.xsl" ?>
You can also try an absolute URL using the http protocol:
  <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
   href="http://192.168.166.25/~deshma/amex/stocks.xsl"; ?>

Netscape 6.0 is famous for exposing a gadzillion bugs when https
is used. You might want to ask the Mozilla developers as this has
really nothing to do with XSL.
Upgrading to 6.2/latest Mozilla may also help.

HTH
J.Pietschmann