RE: RE: [xsl] spaces in output html

Subject: RE: RE: [xsl] spaces in output html
From: jasonp <jason.pluis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:41:44 +1100
Thanks Mike,
After you told me that option [b] was the way to go I ended up getting
it to work by using <preserve-space="*" />.
BTW - I am using both XT and MSXML3
Cheers,
JasonP.

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:13:27 -0000
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [xsl] spaces in output html

[b] should work. [a] and [c] shouldn't, because all you've done is to
invent
elaborate ways of creating a whitespace-only text node in the
styelsheet,
which the XSLT processor will always ignore.

If [b] doesn't work, then one possible reason is that you are using
Microsoft's MSXML3 and built the stylesheet without using
preserveSpace=true, so the whitespace within the <xsl:text> element will

have been eliminated by the DOM parser before the XSLT processor gets to
see
it.

Mike Kay